Built around a natural ecosystem, the resort’s dedication to low impact on its environment means the monkeys and tropical birds are right outside the door. Kids love it! Children are a definite priority at Sandos Caracol, which offers a Kids Club for games, crafts and tons of fun from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. Topping it off, everyone is sure to love the water park with 29 water slides and wet-and-wild fun for the whole family.
Set on the warm white sands of Playa del Carmen, the resort is home to crystal clear cenotes, mangrove forests and lush jungle. The hotel’s Xcalacoco Experience includes a daily program of thrilling eco activities like floating along a river through the mangrove, swimming in the central cenote, Mayan cooking lessons, jungle survival skills and more, in addition to nighttime Mayan shows in stunning outdoor locations. Sandos Caracol Eco Resort offers 955 rooms, spread among 78 buildings with 3 levels each one: Royal Elite section, Select Club Adults Only (18+) section, new Signature Eco Family Collection.
KEY FACTS FOR FAMILIES
Water Park with 29 fun slides and water games surrounded by water spouts for the whole family.
•Eco Activities for Kids & Adults: We focus on teaching our children & adults to live in harmony with nature, and to take care of the environment. We offer a variety of activities designed to help children interact with our native animals and plants
•Kids Club fully equipped with video games, jungle gym, trampoline, and a mini movie theater, open from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm with fully supervised activities program such as: children’s pool, games and arts & crafts and mini disco. For children 4 – 12 years old.
•Baby Club for the ages 2-3 years from 10 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 6pm.
•Teens Activities for 13 to 17 years old with assistance of our animation and sports team. Music, pool tables, table tennis, foosball (table football), beach soccer, volleyball, 7 brand new water slides, among others. Schedule times may vary according to weekly program.
- All meals included every day: Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Buffet or à la carte Dinner.
- 24-hour room service
- Unlimited domestic drinks: beer, soft drinks, house wine and domestic & international cocktails including disco (18+) 24 hours within the Resort
- Hotel Taxes and service charges
- Free WiFi in designated public areas of the hotel; in the following room sections: Royal Elite, Select Club and Signature Eco.
- 1 Tennis Court with unlimited day and night use within schedule of operation (reservation required). Includes equipment (balls & rackets), proper attire and court shoes required. 1 multi-use court.
- Water sports: Boogie board, Sailing (insurance fee applies, lessons not included) & Kayaking (subject to ocean conditions). Snorkeling gear (1 hour per day) and introductory Scuba Diving lesson in pool (once per stay).
- Gym: free use of fitness equipment, sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi (18 + years).
- Daily activities program with our sports and entertainment team: darts, dancing courses, billiards, football, zumba, beach activities, pool games, water aerobics, water polo, beach volleyball and water volleyball
- 3 Pools: 1 Exclusive for Select Club Adults Only 18+ Guests, 1 Chill Out Pool, 1 Activities Pool with separate children’s area.
- Splashing Water Park for the whole family with 29 fun water slides and games surrounded by water spouts (height restrictions apply).
- Kids Club from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm with fully supervised activities program such as: children’s pool, games and arts & crafts and mini disco, for children 4 – 12 years old.
- Baby Club for infants ages 2-3 years from 10 am to 1 pm and 3 to 6 pm
- Teens Activities for 13 to 17 years old with assistance of our animation and sports team. Music, pool tables, table tennis, foosball (table football), beach soccer, etc.
- Nightly entertainment at the theater: Shows, live music and theme nights, movies
Trendy Disco Bar with music from 11pm to 2 am (18+ years).
8 Restaurants, 6 of them specialty restaurants for à-la-carte dining. 10 Bars
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is proud to offer the Xcalacoco [ishka´la´ko´ko] Experience, a unique interactive program that allows guests to discover the Mayan culture on distinctive natural surroundings. At Sandos Caracol Eco Resort, Xcalacoco is a way of being, living and thinking. Weekly activities program include daily eco tours focused on a different topic each day, nature trails that allow guests explore the Mayan jungle, morning jog in the jungle, and meditation sessions on the beach.
Witness Mayan representative ceremonies and transport to yesteryear with a tale as old as time. Visit a Mayan herb garden, plant indigenous plant species significant to the Mayan culture, and participate in natural treatments and ancient rituals at the Spa. Through adventures in nature and environmental activities, we encourage all of our guests to reconnect with nature, respect the planet and engage in ecologically sustainable practices.
Participate in these fantastic celebrations of the Mayan people. Allow yourself to be carried away by the sound, the smell and the movements of ancient rituals that will transport your spirit to a mystic time in the Mayan culture:
• The Arrival on the Beach
• Offering in the Cenote
• The Fire of Life
- Bike Path: This route is designed to familiarize our guests with our property’s abundant natural attractions. You can choose the path that is best suited to your physical capacity. This circuit consists of three sections that will carry you through the jungle.
- Underground Spring Route: This path winds through the jungle among a series of natural underground springs that are located within the property. You’ll enjoy learning how these bodies of underground water, which are characteristic of and unique to the region, have developed into a complex system over the past several hundred years.
- Mangrove Path: Explore, discover, and enjoy one of the most important habitats of the coastal zones of the Mexican Caribbean.
- Romantic boat ride: Experience a relaxed boat ride through a winding natural river that allows you to come in contact with a diverse array of native plants and animals (reservation required, couples only).
- Deer Encounter: Quietly arrive at the grounds and admire these white-tailed deer. Observe them interacting with other species and take unique pictures.
- Discover the Mayan Jungle: Whether morning, afternoon or night, stay alert and we’re certain that you’ll observe some wildlife present at our hotel. We have more than 60 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and crustaceans.
- Turtle Lagoon: Enjoy observing several species of freshwater turtles in this natural body of water. Don’t miss the chance to take some photos when they come to the surface to sunbathe on the rocks and logs within the lagoon
- Iguanas: You can admire an infinite number of iguanas from the region throughout the Sandos Caracol complex. You’ll have the chance to view these prehistoric examples of jungle wildlife at close range and take pictures to remember your experience.
- Mangrove Crabs: These peculiar inhabitants of the mangroves will surprise you with their bright colors, strange walk and unique characteristics. Due to their reproductive cycles, you are most likely to see them between May and September.
- Plant a Tree: We support the protection and conservation of Mexican forest in the state of Quintana Roo. Be part of this important program.
FLORA & FAUNA
- Eco Club Nursery: Visit our nursery and get to know all the native plants of the region. If you wish to participate in our program of plant propagation, you can help us plant much more than just a tree.
- Mangroves: All throughout our complex you’ll have the opportunity to encounter and admire this surprising natural habitat that serves as a refuge for many wildlife species.
- Organic Garden: In this space, you can learn some vegetable growing techniques to try out at your own home.
- Promote sustainability by sharing your knowledge—and your organic produce—with your neighbors.
- Eco-Tour: Take a remarkable walk around our natural areas. Our guides will help you observe the extraordinary details that only the Maya jungle offers, like our underground springs, wildlife, and beautiful flowers characteristic of this region.
- Eco-Tour Kids: Our Kids Club staff has a surprise for your children. In this area specially prepared for little ones, we’ll teach them to respectfully interact with the environment.
- Eco-Tips: Throughout our resort you will find ecological suggestions that will help you lead a more sustainable lifestyle and that will allow you to save money while caring for the environment.
- Carbon Footprint: During eco-talks and through clear examples in our hotel you’ll learn how, at Sandos Caracol, we are supporting the environment by saving energy and generating less carbon dioxide emissions (CO2). For example, you can enjoy the hot water in our ecological rooms with a clear conscience, because all of our water is heated without contaminating the environment. With diverse, innovative projects we have succeeded in reducing our CO2 emissions by up to 70 percent.